Darrell Issa and his oversight committee are blatantly trying to get Attorney General Eric Holder fired.
Some people are suggesting that the committee’s underlying reason for this unprecedented attack on the AG is about gun control. There is a far-fetched conspiracy theory that Issa, et al have concocted in which many people (especially Fox news viewers) believe Holder and President Obama are underhandedly trying to take away their guns.
On the other hand, and I subscribe to this theory: Others believe that Issa et al are going after AG Holder for…
- Blocking voter suppression laws
- Challenging anti-immigration laws
- Refusing to defend the Defense of Marriage Act
This is all about making Obama look bad in an election year. in my opinion, it’s also about them truly being upset that the Justice Department is blocking their attempts to steal the election…plain and simple.
Meanwhile President Obama had enough of the showboating and utter disrespect for the Attorney General’s office and stature. That’s one of the reasons why he implemented executive privilege over Issa’s request for more documents (although Holder submitted 7000 documents to Issa’s committee over the last few months.) Some of the remaining documents were too sensitive to release.
Most presidents have used executive privilege for reasons similar to President Obama’s: to keep officials or documents from revealing sensitive information, often to Congress. Read related article.
- Obama Executive Privilege Marks 25th Time A President Has Exerted The Right (huffingtonpost.com)
- Fast & Furious Inanity Reaches New Heights (motherjones.com)
- Pelosi: Attacking Holder part of GOP voter suppression plan (rawstory.com)