The first time I heard about the “reporter” interrupting the president while he was making a speech in the Rose Garden of the White House, was on the MSNBC news program, Martin Bashir .
I have to say, after the “you lie” stunt at the 2010 State of the Union address; and the current childish trick of the opposition sending people to Obama speeches to heckle him and just yesterday, the Romney bus passing by the venue in Ohio where the president was speaking, blowing the bus horn and drawing attention, in my opinion, these people have no respect for the president or the office…
President Obama was in the middle of delivering remarks on immigration in the Rose Garden this afternoon when he was interrupted and heckled repeatedly by a reporter.
The man, later identified as Neil Munro of The Daily Caller, asked the president several times “why do you favor foreigners over American workers?”
“It’s not time for questions, sir,” the president responded angrily. “Not while I’m speaking.”
While reporters were present at the Rose Garden announcement, the president was not expected to take questions.
At the end of his remarks, the president attempted to address Munro’s concerns. “The answer to your question, sir — and the next time I prefer you let me finish my statements before you ask that question — is this is the right thing to do for the American people,” he said.
When Munro interrupted again, the president snapped back “I didn’t ask for an argument, I’m answering your question.”
Asked afterwards who he was, Munro said simply “I’m just a reporter asking questions you should be asking.”
The Daily Caller later lauded Munro’s behavior. ”We are very proud of, @NeilMunroDC for doing his job,” the online publication posted to its Twitter feed.
The president was announcing plans to stop deporting young illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children but have since been enrolled in, or graduated from high school and have abided by U.S. law.
- Hecklers And Hysteria: Media Ignores How Mitt Romney Has Apparently Lost His Mind (mediaite.com)
- Obama Responds To Heckler During Energy Speech: ‘You’re Being Rude’ (laurieanichols.wordpress.com)
- Pres. Obama To Heckler: ‘You Can Hold Your Own Rally. You’re Being Rude’ (mediaite.com)
- Obama to Heckler: ‘You’re Being Rude’ (newser.com)
- SHIKI-Dress FORMAL ROSE GARDEN green (bestyledistrict.wordpress.com)
- David Axelrod Blasts Pro-Romney Hecklers: ‘You Can’t Handle The Truth!’ (mediaite.com)
- Obama Handles Heckler at Ohio State (wzlx.radio.com)