Tamron Hall is a feisty young news commentator on MSNBC and she will not take the bullpocky (h/t: Rachel Maddow) that some of her guests throw at her without rebutting with her opinion.
I Tivo her show News Nation on a daily basis.
On a lighter note regarding Ms. Hall, the word is that she and MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell are a couple. Since they are two of my many favorite personalities on MSNBC, I think it’s cute.
MSNBC’s Tamron Hall handily shut down guest Tim Carney on Friday, in an exchange so fiery that she immediately began trending on Twitter.
Hall asked Carney about Mitt Romney’s testy reaction to a reporter asking about marijuana on Thursday. Before addressing the question, he alleged that she and the rest of the media were focusing too much attention on the candidate’s past — including his bullying of two classmates in high school.
“What you’re doing here is a typical media trick,” Carney charged. “You hype up a story and justify the second-day coverage of the story.”
That set Hall off. She began to tell him that he didn’t have to “answer a single question” she asked or “accept the invitation to come on” and speak. Carney tried to interject, but she told him, “You’re kind of in my house,” and proceeded to smack him down for over a minute.
“You’re not gonna come on and insult me, you’re not gonna come on and insult the network when you knew what we were gonna talk about,” she concluded. “Done.” With that, she cut to another guest.
Hall immediately became a trending topic on Twitter, as people reacted to the segment. Viewers called her a “badass” and a “hero,” and said that she “schooled,” “filleted,” “checked” and “ripped a layer of skin off” Carney.
UPDATE: Tim Carney responded to the incident on Twitter:
@TPCarney Timothy P CarneyThe question I was sent for the Romney bullying segment was “Does the story matter?” So I was answering it, not dodging.
He also sent an email to Politico about the fracas.
- Tim Carney Schools ‘Ridiculous’ MSNBC Host Over ‘Absurd’ Attack on Mitt Romney (newsbusters.org)
- Tamron Hall Kicks Tim Carney Off Her Show For Refusing to Answer Romney Bullying Question [Video] (gawker.com)
- Tamron Hall Reams Tim Carney, Cuts His Mic For Accusing Her Of ‘Media Trick’ (mediaite.com)
- MSNBC’s Tamron Hall to reporter: ‘You’re not going to come on and insult me’ (rawstory.com)
- MSNBC’s Tamron Hall Shuts Down Reporter Over Romney’s Bullying (lezgetreal.com)
- Tomron Hall Shuts Down Conservative Journo For Refusing To Answer Question About Romney Bullying (thinkprogress.org)