I agree with a Fox News commentator, OMG!
Fox News anchor Shepard Smith reacted to the news that President Barack Obama had endorsed same sex marriage by coolly remarking that the President is “now in the 21st century.”
Smith later said Republicans who opposed same sex marriage were “on the wrong side of history” and compared same sex marriage to the civil rights movement.
“Of course, in reality, what really matters is what governors are saying,” he said.
“This makes no legal changes of any kind. This is a states issue, at least for now, which may sound familiar to a couple of generations ago, but that’s where we are.”
Southern segregationists had invoked “states rights” to defend discriminatory laws against federal intervention.
Watch video, courtesy of Politico, here…
- Fox’s Shep Smith: Republicans On ‘Wrong Side Of History’ On Gay Marriage (mediaite.com)
- FOX NEWS ANCHOR SHEP SMITH: ‘The President Of The United States, Now In The 21st Century’ (businessinsider.com)
- Obama says he supports same-sex marriage (whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com)
- Shep Smith On President’s Gay Marriage Stance: Obama Is ‘Now In The 21st Century’ (mediaite.com)
- Breaking: Obama Endorses Same Sex-Marriage (alternet.org)