So who’s “dividing America” now?
Mitt Romney is a very wealthy man. For some reason, Americans are supposed to believe that he earned every penny by working hard and long like every normal people do. Of course we all know that Mitt Romney lived off stock investments while in college and after that, he made millions purchasing and gutting companies across the country. Mitt Romney made a lot of his money by closing down companies and firing people. Republicans think Mitt Romney is a success story because of that. Even House Speaker John Boehner believes that Romney’s wealth and success entitles him to a victory in November, because according to him, Americans won’t vote for someone who isn’t wealthy.
During an appearance on CNN with Candy Crowley, Boehner was asked if Americans will reject Romney because of his wealth and the way he has bragged about it throughout his run for the Presidency. Boehner replied that Americans won’t hold Romney’s wealth against him and will elect him because those who aren’t wealthy successes are ‘losers.’
￼￼￼Candy Crowley: “You know, he comes from a privileged background. You did not come from a privileged background. This is a time — an economic time when people are hurting and have been hurting for quite some time. ￼￼￼Do you think that someone who is as wealthy as he is, who has had as much privilege as he is, has a hill to climb to overcome that?”
John Boehner: “No. The American people don’t want to vote for a loser. They don’t want to vote for someone that hasn’t been successful. I think Mitt Romney has an opportunity to show the American people that they, too, can succeed.”
Here’s the video via ThinkProgress:
- John Boehner Defends Romney’s Wealthy Background: ‘People Don’t Want To Vote For A Loser’ (mediaite.com)
- Boehner: Romney’s Wealth Won’t Hurt Him Because ‘The American People Don’t Want To Vote For A Loser’ (thinkprogress.org)
- John Boehner Hints That Obama Is a Loser, Then Says He’s Just Trying to Help the President Out [Polidicks] (jezebel.com)
- TRENDING: Boehner explains jabs at Obama as ‘help’ (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Speaker Boehner on Romney: “I have not talked to him” (cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com)
- “America Doesn’t Want To Vote For a Loser” [Right and Left] (inquisitr.com)
- Boehner names potential VP picks (kshb.com)