Lawrence O’Donnell (MSNBC’s The Last Word host) and his guests pointed out tonight that the GOP were “outraged” over Hillary Rosen’s comments about Ann Romney, but have remained silent over Ted Nugent’s outrageous innuendos about assassinating the President of the United States! In my opinion this is just another example of the GOP’s faux outrage, which they conveniently use to gin up their “not very bright” base.
Ted Nugent’s threatening remarks about President Obama at the annual National Rifle Association convention in St. Louis have earned him a follow-up conversation with the Secret Service.
On Sunday, the singer remarked that “if Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.” The Secret Service, which investigates all threats against the President, confirmed to New York Magazine’s Daily Intel blog that they have in fact flagged Nugent’s comment. “We are aware of it, and we’ll conduct an appropriate follow up,” the agent told the magazine.
Nugent endorsed Mitt Romney — albeit reluctantly — via Twitter last month, and at least one Romney, middle son Tagg, was excited about the news. Watch the video of his remarks, courtesy of Right Wing Watch:
- Ted Nugent Defends Obama Remarks, Refers To Himself As ‘Black Jew At A Nazi-Klan Rally’ (mediaite.com)
- The Secret Service Says They Are Investigating Ted Nugent’s Threatening Remarks Toward Obama (thinkprogress.org)
- Ted Nugent’s Remarks On Obama Draw Secret Service Scrutiny (radio.woai.com)
- Romney Campaign Calls For Civility After Endorser Ted Nugent Kinda Sorta Threatens To Assassinate Obama, Again [Video] (gawker.com)
- Secret Service To Investigate Ted Nugent’s Obama Remarks (alan.com)
- Ted Nugent Declares ‘I Will Either Be Dead or in Jail’ if Obama Is Re-elected (gunnyg.wordpress.com)