Poor Keith Olbermann, he even admitted that he “screwed up” just taking the job over at Current TV. The saga continues…
The network excoriates its fired anchor by painting him as an arrogant and uncooperative slacker. Howard Kurtz on the latest round in the legal war.
Moving a day after Olbermann sued the network for up to $70 million, the suit says that he “completely shut himself off from the rest of the network”—and backed it up with a series of intemperate-sounding emails from its former star.
For instance, after a problem with an unspecified employee during an appearance by Michael Moore on his show, Olbermann wrote Joel Hyatt, Al Gore’s cofounder at Current: “Give me a name so I know which of them to kill with my bare hands.”
After learning that a photo of the Countdown set had been given to the press, Olbermann wrote Hyatt about the leaker: “Can you assassinate him please?”
Even allowing for comedic overstatement, Olbermann’s tone is often harsh. When Current president David Bohrman asked about the unauthorized purchase of a $5,300 desk for the program, Olbermann responded: “When you are prepared to act like an adult you are welcome to contact us again.”
In response, Olbermann said in a statement: “The Mets put Andres Torres on the DL today. That seems to have as much relevance to my lawsuit as the Current counterclaim I just read.”
- Current TV Answer Keith Olbermann’s Lawsuit With One Of Its Own (npr.org)
- Current TV Fires Back Against Keith Olbermann With A Countersuit (businessinsider.com)
- Keith Olbermann sues Current TV (1oneday.wordpress.com)
- Olbermann’s $70M Lawsuit Accuses Current TV of ‘Blackmail’ (newser.com)
- Keith Olbermann – COUNTERSUED By Current TV (tmz.com)
- Here Are Some Of Those Technical Difficulties That Have Keith Olbermann Blasting Current TV (businessinsider.com)