From health care to education, to civil justice and support for working families, the actions of Republican legislators across the county show that they value their corporate buddies more than families. Now, we get to hear it form their own mouths.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then this video of Georgia elected officials responding to public demand that they take a urine drug screenbefore picking up THEIR government check is priceless. Following the example of Republican-led legislatures across the county, Georgia lawmakers who are eager to force Georgia mom’s to pee in a cup blanch at the idea of requiring their colleagues to do the same.
And drug tests for CEO’s of corporations receiving special interest tax breaks? You just have to watch this video from Better Georgia, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that I chair, to see their response to that idea!
- Georgia legislature lets anti-picketing bill die but targets jobless people and welfare applicants (dailykos.com)
- Ga. drug testing likely to face legal challenges (goerie.com)
- Bill To Drug Test Colorado Welfare Recipients Fails (denver.cbslocal.com)
- Prep coach: Georgia’s Rambo failed drug test (espn.go.com)
- Need to Pass a Drug Test? Detox For Less Makes it Easy! (prweb.com)