I read about this on Facebook yesterday. It’s a shame how Fox News’ core audience, middle age and elderly people, are duped and lied to on a regular basis. So much so that the following story isn’t limited to one person.
When I first saw this image on Facebook, I wasn’t sure how on earth Fox News could have killed someone’s mother. And then I read the message that went with the photo. Tracy Knauss posted it on his Facebook page along with a message which said in part:
I know this personally. FOX News killed my precious mother, Hallie. She watched FOX religiously. And when she fell ten days before she died, she refused to go to the doctor because, “I don’t want Obamacare to get all of my information! she declared, recalling the warnings from FOX News “anchors.” She was emphatic. She was not going to consort with the muslim enemy. As she made out her will she told her lawyer, “I don’t want any of my money going to the Muslim Brotherhood!” And her last protestation dealt with “Obama’s death panels.” Mother died just days later. I hold FOX News responsible for my mother’s death.
Hallie Jean Mayes Knauss Culpepper passed away on February 16, 2012. Ten days earlier, she had fallen, but as Knauss says, refused to see a doctor. Her obituary notes that she was a “lifelong, dyed-in-the-wool Republican” who at one time had also been a business owner (TECO Products, now Griffin Products).
- Fox News is Simply Beneath Contempt (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Letter: Fox News accomplishing its goal, which is to reinforce partisan slant (tcpalm.com)
- Jon Stewart Criticizes Fox News For Limbaugh Double Standard (VIDEO) (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- FOX Ratings Drop By 3% While Others Rise (lezgetreal.com)
- Showdown Author David Corn Blasts Fox News’ Bret Baier Fact Check #Fail (mediaite.com)