Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has asked the Selective Service System for help in his investigation into the authenticity of President Barack Obama’s birth certificate.
The sheriff has asked the federal agency for the original Selective Service card completed by Obama in 1980.
Arpaio says his investigators had concluded Obama’s registration card was likely a forgery.
The sheriff says he trusts that the federal agency will investigate Obama’s card.
No one answered the phone late Wednesday afternoon at Selective Service headquarters in Virginia.
So-called “birthers” maintain Obama is ineligible to be president because, they contend, he was born in Kenya.
Hawaii officials have repeatedly confirmed Obama’s citizenship.
Obama released a copy of his long-form birth certificate in an attempt to quell citizenship questions.
Courts have rebuffed lawsuits over the issue.
- Breaking -> Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio: Tons More Shocking Obama Ineligibility Info Released. Corporate Media Blackout On Ron Paul And Now Obama Vetting. (politicalvelcraft.org)
- Top GOP Congressman Reaffirms His Doubts About Obama’s Birth Certificate, Cites Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s Investigation (thinkprogress.org)
- Rep. Stearns On Obama Birth’s Certificate: ‘The Question Is, Is It Legitimate?’ (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Joe Arpaio says there’s a media conspiracy against birthers ‘bigger than Watergate’ (thegrio.com)
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio Flogs a Dead Horse, Again! (ethelthefrog.com)