What a difference two years make for the Tea Baggers…
Fox News’ latest polling data should alarm the Republican Party, because it shows President Barack Obama winning over Mitt Romney in a general election, the Democratic Party with higher favorables than the Republican Party, Mitt Romney with low favorables and the Tea Party in the dumps.
Here’s the data for how the public, per the Fox poll (conducted by Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R) of 912 registered voters by landline and cell), views the various parties:
Favorable VS Unfavorable:
Barack Obama 50%, 47%
The Democratic Party 48%, 44%
Mitt Romney 39%, 49%
The Republican Party 39%, 52%
Ron Paul 35%, 44%
Rick Santorum 35%,47%
Tea Party Movement 30%, 51%
Newt Gingrich 23%, 67%
Only Newt Gingrich is loathed more than the Tea Party. And while Mitt Romney has only 2% more unfavorable ranking than the President, Romney’s favorables are another story. Only 39% view Mitt favorably, while 50% view Obama favorably.
Mitt Romney’s troubles don’t end there. His unfavorables have almost doubled at 49%, with the steady descent starting in 2010 at 28% unfavorable. At the same point in time, his favorable ranking was 40% and it has remained pretty steady at 39%. As people get to know Mitt, his unfavorables rise.
- Romney Responds To Megyn Kelly’s Interrogations: ‘Megyn, Guess What. I Made A Lot Of Money.’ (mediaite.com)
- Rick Santorum Favored To Win Pa. Primary (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- Mitt Romney Sputters on Fox, Planned Parenthood & Schakowsky Unload (themoderatevoice.com)
- Mitt Romney vs. Rick Santorum (citizentom.com)
- The Caucus: In Alabama and Mississippi, Romney Competes in Unfavorable Terrain (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)