Mika Brzezinski called it “rude” that Fox News cut Mitt Romney off during an interview so it could go to a commercial.
Romney’s tense interview with Megyn Kelly on Wednesday yielded some notably awkward moments, but perhaps none was as strange as the end of the session. As Romney tried to explain his view on health care, Kelly told him there was a “hard break” coming up and she had to cut him off. Romney was still talking when the show went to commercial.
Watching a clip of the interview on Thursday’s “Morning Joe,” Brzezinski was incredulous.
“Wow,” she said. As the show cut to a shot of its control room, she said, referring to her producers, “We don’t listen to them. We just stay on during an interview … that’s rude! Who would listen to that when you have a good interview going on?”
“Well, he’s a presidential candidate,” co-host Willie Geist joked. “I think you let that go.”
“They should apologize,” Brzezinski said.
(Watch the video above; the conversation starts at 3:35.)
- Megyn Kelly Manages to Make Mitt Romney Look Even Worse [Video] (jezebel.com)
- Mika Brzezinski Thought It ‘Rude’ That America Live Cut Off Romney During Interview (mediaite.com)
- Mitt Romney Caught Flat-Footed By Megyn Kelly (markamerica.com)
- Morning Joe Crew Laments That Romney ‘Can’t Even’ Connect By Doing Shots Like Hillary Clinton (mediaite.com)
- Romney Responds To Megyn Kelly’s Interrogations: ‘Megyn, Guess What. I Made A Lot Of Money.’ (mediaite.com)