Rick Santorum declared this weekend that President Obama’s call for more Americans to have a college education made him a “snob”, then spent the following days both backing up his position and increasing his rhetoric.
This sparked a lot of reaction from anchors, pundits, other politicians and even a rebuttal from the President himself.
But as well as taking on a sitting Democratic president, Santorum was also taking on a dead one, saying JFK’s 1960s comments about religion in the public sphere made him “throw up.”
With a day before primaries in Michigan and Arizona, Santorum was about to find out the hard way: you don’t mess with a dead Kennedy.
- MSNBC’s Wagner Deliberately Distorts Santorum Swipe at Obama to Be Anti-College Tirade (newsbusters.org)
- Rick Santorum calls Obama ‘a snob’ for wanting people to attend college (dailykos.com)
- Santorum … said what ? (ynative77.wordpress.com)
- Santorum: Obama Is “A Snob” For Wanting People To Go To College (alan.com)
- Rick Santorum: Obama is a Snob (socyberty.com)
- Obama responds to Santorum’s ‘snob’ jab? (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- If you’re not embarrassed by Rick Santorum you’re an embarrassment (atlmalcontent.wordpress.com)