H/t: Don In Massachusetts
It can’t get any clearer than the words straight from Grover Norquist‘s speech at CPAC and Mario Piperni‘s illustration and analysis of Norquist’s suggestion that Romney should be the GOP’s presidential nominee because he’ll do what he’s told…
Grover Norquist, in his CPAC speech, revealed exactly why the GOP establishment favors a Romney win.
All we have to do is replace Obama. … We are not auditioning for fearless leader. We don’t need a president to tell us in what direction to go. We know what direction to go. We want the Ryan budget. … We just need a president to sign this stuff. We don’t need someone to think it up or design it. The leadership now for the modern conservative movement for the next 20 years will be coming out of the House and the Senate.
Pick a Republican with enough working digits to handle a pen to become president of the United States. This is a change for Republicans: the House and Senate doing the work with the president signing bills. His job is to be captain of the team, to sign the legislation that has already been prepared.
How’s that for in-your-face honesty?
Choose Rick Santorum and Republicans are stuck with a Christian Taliban leader whose top priority will be to enact a ‘Sex For Procreation Only‘ law.
Go with Newt Gingrich and and they’re facing an ego of untold proportion who takes orders from a single god. Clue: initials are N.G.
Ron Paul and they have a man who has no intention of listening to anyone or anything except the intergalactic voices in his head – the very same voices that have commanded his every move of the last four decades.
And then, of course, there’s Mitt Romney – the man who will in all likelihood become the Republican nominee in the general election. If ever there existed a politician lacking any trace of core convictions, a man more than willing to say whatever it took to be accepted by those from whom he craves recognition, a man who would strap the family dog to the hood of his car if it helped him get to where he so desperately wanted to go…if that’s what Republicans want or need, then Mitt Romney is their man.
If I was running the DNC ad campaign to reelect Barack Obama, I would have that Norquist quote playing every day between now and November.
- Grover Norquist on the GOP candidates: All we need is someone who can ‘handle a pen’ (dailykos.com)
- Norquist: Romney Perfect Candidate Because He Is Weak (lezgetreal.com)
- Grover Norquist: Soon It’s Time to Impeach Obama – Anti-tax advocate reveals plan for Republican majority (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Monday Evening News: Just when you think things are going well… (skydancingblog.com)
- Grover Norquist’s Application for Godhood Denied (isoutrage.wordpress.com)
- How Out There Is Grover Norquist? (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Mitt Romney Tells CPAC He’ll Cut Social Security Benefits, Begin Privatizing Medicare (crooksandliars.com)
H/t: Being Liberal