Whitney Houston is dead at 48 years old.
The superstar singer and actress’s publicist, Kristin Foster, broke the news of Houston’s passing to the AP. She was found and pronounced dead at the Beverly Hills Hilton on Saturday afternoon; thus far, no cause of death has been revealed. In recent years, she struggled with drug abuse.
Her self-titled debut album, released in 1985, sold 25 million copies worldwide. In total, she released seven albums and three film soundtracks; a winner of six Grammys, Houston sold over 200 million albums and singles worldwide. She earned 30 Billboard Awards, 22 American Music Awards and two Emmy Awards.
Words cannot describe the shock and disbelief millions of Whitney fans must have felt when they heard the news that Whitney Houston was dead.
My heart goes out to Whitney and Bobby’s daughter as well as Whitney’s mother and the entire Houston family.
One of my favorite moments in the life and career of Miss Whitney Houston:
Her 911 Tribute:
Finally…The Greatest Love Of All
Whitney, you were loved. Sleep in peace young lady.
- Singer Whitney Houston dies at 48 (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- RIP Whitney Houston (theladiesfeed.wordpress.com)
- Whitney Houston’s Final Performance [VIDEO] (hellobeautiful.com)
- Whitney Houston – dead at 48! (popbytes.com)
- Remembering Whitney Houston With a Look Back at Her Life in Pictures (popsugar.com)