It’s interesting that Clint Eastwood, a Republican who supported John McCain in 2008 and most recently, Herman Cain touts the regrowth of Detroit and the auto industry’s comeback. I was under the impression that one of the biggest faux pas ever committed by a Republican is to tout any Obama successes.
Granted, Eastwood never mentions Obama in the commercial because it is really a centric commercial, however, most folks know that the GOP was adamantly against a bail out for the auto industry from the time The President proposed it. So it only stands to reason that some GOPers will not be too happy with Eastwood’s Chrysler commercial.
In the following Reganesque titled Super Bowl commercial: It’s Half-time in America, Eastwood and Chrysler appear to have a hit Super Bowl commercial on their hands…
- Clint Eastwood Rumored to Appear in Chrysler Super Bowl Ad (adrants.com)
- Report: Clint Eastwood stepping in for Eminem in Chrysler Super Bowl ad? (autoblog.com)
- Clint Eastwood still undecided about 2012 (politico.com)
- Rachel Maddow Mocks Mitt Romney’s ‘Very Poor’ Backtracking (VIDEO) (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Inside Look at the Career of Clint Eastwood (5min.com)