The morning after his win in the Florida primary, Mitt Romney suggested on the morning TV shows that Newt Gingrich may have missed the memo on one important campaign etiquette: extending the winner a congratulatory phone call.
“Newt didn’t call after Iowa or New Hampshire. I called him after South Carolina, his win there, but he didn’t call again last night. The other candidates all called. But I don’t know, I guess [former] Speaker Gingrich doesn’t have our phone number,” Romney said Wednesday, laughing, on NBC’s “Today” show.
Asked again about whether Gingrich had called to congratulate him on Fox News, Romney repeated that Gingrich had failed to do so on multiple occasions.
“By the way, Rick Santorum and Ron Paul and I talk after each campaign, congratulate one another on the campaigns the others have run, but Speaker Gingrich I guess doesn’t participate in that tradition,” Romney said.
When “Fox & Friends” host Steve Doocy joked that the candidate should give Gingrich his phone number on the air, Romney laughed and said, “Sure, give me yours first.”
- Newt: I’d Like to Be Played by Brad Pitt, Please (newser.com)
- Texts From Last Night With Herman Cain And Newt Gingrich (huffingtonpost.com)
- Democrats Planning On Doing To Mitt Romney What He Did To Newt Gingrich (huffingtonpost.com)
- Jon Stewart Checks In on Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich in the Wake of the Florida Primary [Video] (gawker.com)
- Media to Newt: We Can’t Quit You! (newser.com)
- Non-Grats! Mitt Romney Confirms Newt Gingrich Didn’t Call After Florida Win…Or Iowa, Or NH (mediaite.com)
- Mitt Romney And Newt Gingrich’s Lack Of Congratulatary Phonecalls (dekerivers.wordpress.com)