If there’s one thing conservative Republicans absolutely despise, it’s “illegal” immigration.
If there’s one thing conservative Republicans absolutely love, it’s Ronald Reagan.
Now tell them that in 1986, Reagan signed into law a bill granting amnesty to “illegal” immigrants (see insert)
Quickly put on a pair of goggles to protect your eyes from splattering brain matter.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), Pub.L. 99-603, 100 Stat. 3359, enacted November 6, 1986, also Simpson-Mazzoli Act, is an Act of Congress which reformed United States immigration law.
H/T: Don’t Forget How America Got Screwed Up… (FaceBook)
- Border Security: Immigration Enforcement Between Ports of Entry (bespacific.com)
- Remembering the Benefits of IRCA, 25 Years Later (princefirm.com)
- Howard Foster: Republicans and the Hispanic Vote (huffingtonpost.com)
- Look Back in Time – 25 Years Since Passage of IRCA (globalthinkers.wordpress.com)
- Pilar Marrero: Romney and Gingrich Present Doubtful “Solutions” to Unauthorized Immigration (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rubio enters immigration debate (mysanantonio.com)