As usual Mario Piperni sees things more clearly and logically than the Republicans he draws in his illustrations. He writes about their weird and sometimes crazy antics and depicts it perfectly with his drawings.
There’s no secret that I am a die-hard Piperni fan. Here’s yet another example…
From the compassionate conservative wing of the Republican party, Rep. Larry Pittman of North Carolina speaks out .
“We need to make the death penalty a real deterrent again by actually carrying it out. Every appeal that can be made should have to be made at one time, not in a serial manner,” Pittman wrote in the email. “If murderers (and I would include abortionists, rapists, and kidnappers, as well) are actually executed, it will at least have the deterrent effect upon them. For my money, we should go back to public hangings, which would be more of a deterrent to others, as well.”
How long before execution by guillotine for liberals and atheists is proposed by Republicans?
The surprise or concern is not that wingnut politicians say stuff like this. Republicans have been running on CRAZY for a while now. No, the real worry should be that enough Americans voted for this guy to get him elected.
- North Carolina GOP Lawmaker Calls For Bringing Back Public Hangings, Starting With Abortion Providers | ThinkProgress (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- North Carolina GOP Lawmaker Calls For Bringing Back Public Hangings, Starting With Abortion Providers (thinkprogress.org)
- North Carolina Politician Calls For Public Hanging Of Abortion Providers (thefrisky.com)
- Public Hangings: Bring Em On (alan.com)
- Justice And A Call For Public Hangings (skydancingblog.com)
- This week in the War on Women: Public hangings, rape is a gift from God, and cream of fetus soup (dailykos.com)