This is far from over, but the one thing this does assure, is that Scott Walker will have to run for his seat again, and given the fact that one million signatures were collected to force a recall election, I’m not certain that he will win a second time. In this case, I believe “voters remorse” will be the one driving force that will kick Walker out…
Democrats needed to collect 540,208 signatures to trigger a gubernatorial recall election against Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R). On Tuesday, they announced they had far exceeded that number, collecting more than one million signatures.
Tuesday was the deadline for recall organizers, led by the group United Wisconsin, to turn in their petitions. The number collected is 185 percent of the signatures required to force a recall election. Organizers also collected enough to trigger a recalls of the lieutenant governor and four Republican state senators.
The total went far beyond Walker’s expectations.
“From what they say, they’re probably going to turn in 720,000 today,” Walker said in an interview with right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh Tuesday afternoon. “That’s a lot of signatures, but they’ve been planning this since late last spring. They’ve got tons of money from the big government unions in Washington and around the country.”
A Walker recall is the next step in a campaign to oust state Republicans who pushed forward controversial budget legislation stripping state employees of their collective bargaining rights. In August, Democrats successfully recalled two Republican state senators from office, but they fell short of the three needed to take control of the chamber.
- Recall Election In Wisconsin Appears Likely (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- Michigan’s Governor Called Out During Scott Walker Recall (unaskedadvice.wordpress.com)
- Wisconsin: Scott Walker could face a recall very freaking soon, guys (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Democrats Submit 1 Million Signatures to Recall Walker (politicalwire.com)
- Wisconsin Democrats to submit one million signatures to recall Scott Walker (dailykos.com)
- Report: 1M Signatures in Wis. Recall (myfoxny.com)
- Recall looms for Wis. Gov. Scott Walker (cbsnews.com)
- Groups filing signatures to recall Wis. gov. (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Republicans on the run: 58% support Scott Walker recall on eve of WI deadline (dangerousminds.net)