My favorite politician shows off his sharp wit and humor once again…
Daily Archives: January 3, 2012
Here’s what an ass sounds like when he’s:
a) so full of himself, it starts oozing out of every body orifice.
b) so desperate to win that he…
c) tries to win over the idiot base by pretending he doesn’t believe in global warming science.
“I’m an amateur paleontologist, so I’ve spent a lot of time looking at the earth’s temperature over a very long time,” Gingrich said. “I’m a lot harder to convince than just by looking at a computer model.”
Pathetic. Newt Gingrich once dreamed of becoming a zookeeper, read a couple of books on dinosaurs and kept a T-Rex skull in his office when he served as Speaker of the House and that, he believes, qualifies him to dismiss climate change data as erroneous. Gingrich, the pseudo-intellectual, pseudo-scientist bullshit artist feels he’s better equipped to determine the validity of climate science than the 98% of the world’s climatologists who study this stuff day in, day out and warn of the impending danger of ignoring the data.
Gingrich’s statement is too ridiculous for words but yet they’re words of wisdom to those less knowledgeable than Newt. That’s simply the way it works.
- Newt Gingrich’s “Invented Palestinians” (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Earlier, we posted about how Bachmann blew it, according to Dave Weigel. Now here’s Politico explaining how Newt Gingrich blew it. (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Newt: ‘I Don’t Think I’m Going To Win’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Gingrich on Global Warming Expertise: ‘I’m an Amateur Paleontologist’ (crooksandliars.com)
- Watch: Newt Gingrich to Hit Mitt Romney ‘Every Day’ (abcnews.go.com)
- Newt Gingrich: Mitt Romney Would Buy White House If He Could (huffingtonpost.com)
All I can say is not one of these clowns can get away with this stuff in the General Election…
With just one day until the Iowa caucuses, Republican presidential hopefuls continue their scramble to talk with voters and court the gobs of reporters surrounding their every move. Of course, those last-minute stump speeches and baby–kissing photo-ops are to be expected. But some of the things that came out of the candidates’ mouths caught even us by surprise.
Mitt Romney compares President Obama to Kim Kardashian
The sometimes socially awkward Willard M. Romney unleashed a zinger on an audience in Council Bluffs over the weekend. Well, his robot gloves are off! He likened Obama’s promises to that of the Kim Kardashian’s 72-day marriage.
“You know, I’ve been looking at some video clips on YouTube, of President Obama, then-candidate Obama, going through Iowa making promises. The gap between his promises and his performance is the largest I’ve seen since, well, the Kardashian wedding and the promise of ’til death do us part.”
— Via Politico
“Diversity creates conflict. If we celebrate diversity, we create conflict,” Santorum told the audience in Ottumwa. When he was asked about homeopathic remedies, he said “I believe in all types of medicine.”
— Via Buzzfeed
Ron Paul calls Rick Santorum ‘very liberal’
Not a typo. Texas Congressman Ron Paul trashed fellow candidate Rick Santorum’s “very liberal” record. Are we talking about the same dude?
Ron Paul slammed Rick Santorum, calling him “very liberal.” When Bash asked why, Paul responded, “I mean, have you looked at his record? Go look at his record,” Paul exclaimed. “He spends too much money. He wasn’t leading the charge to slash the budgets and vote against big government.”
— Via Mediaite
While discussing welfare reform, Santorum targets African-Americans
At a campaign stop in Sioux City, the former Pennsylvania senator/Google victim singled out African-Americans as recipients of these kinds of entitlements.
“I don’t want to make black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money; I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money,” he said.
— Via CBS News
- With one day left, Iowa contest is wide open (capitolhillblue.com)
- Bill O’Reilly Starts Off 2012 Bashing Ron Paul, Inviting Rick Santorum On The Show (mediaite.com)
- The Danger of Ron Paul (newser.com)
- Iowa Poll Shows Paul-Romney-Santorum Dead Heat (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ron Paul on Rick Santorum: What a Liberal! (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Ron Paul, Mitt Romney & Rick Santorum Headed for Photo Finish in Lily-White Iowa Caucus (themoderatevoice.com)
- Jon-Christopher Bua: The Iowa Test: State of Play (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
- Rick Santorum’s rise | Ana Marie Cox (guardian.co.uk)
- The Loyal Opposition: Rick Santorum at the Pizza Ranch: Don’t Vote for That Other Guy (loyalopposition.blogs.nytimes.com)