Rick Perry wins the Idiot Quote of the Week award.
“Every barrel of oil that comes out of those sands in Canada is a barrel of oil that we don’t have to buy from a foreign source.”
The fact that anyone could take this dumbass to be a serious presidential candidate is a reflection of how low the bar has been set for politicians in the Republican party. You can thank George W. and his enablers in the conservative media for that one.
Scarecrow: I haven’t got a brain… only straw.
Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven’t got a brain?
Scarecrow: I don’t know… But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking… don’t they?
Dorothy: Yes, I guess you’re right.
- Rick Perry, oil and Canada (dailykos.com)
- Does Rick Perry plan to annex Canada? (seattlepi.com)
- A quick GOP roundup (brobrubel.wordpress.com)
- Perry: U.S. Should Buy More Canadian Oil So ‘We Don’t Have To Buy From A Foreign Source’ (thinkprogress.org)
- What Moves Republican Crowds in Iowa – New York Times (blog) (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- GOP Candidate Blames Ballot Failure On ‘One Guy’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Oil – It Still Has the United States Over a Barrel (ibtimes.com)
- Rick Perry sues Virginia GOP over ballot exclusion (shortformblog.tumblr.com)