In the space of two hours, the actual GOP frontrunner and the man dreamers wanted to be the GOP frontrunner were both mic-checked by Occupiers. Chris Christie got the treatment at an event at the Kum n Go headquarters in Des Moines. I’ve freeze-framed the moment of the mic-checking.
Christie handles it well, with his usual self-aggrandizement about how well he handles things. “You’re so angry, aren’t you?” he scoffs. “Work it all out for yourselves.”
And Mother Jones brings us the video of the mic-checking of a Gingrich fundraiser at the Willard hotel in downtown D.C. Clever Occupiers used a room in the hotel as a staging ground to get inside the event.
- A brash Christie takes on OWS, warmly relates Romney anecdote (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Gingrich and Christie: A Contrast in Republicanism (themoderatevoice.com)
- Chris Christie campaigns for Romney in Iowa (latimes.com)
- Chris Christie Somehow Contains His Temper While Getting Mic Checked [Video] (gawker.com)
- N.J. Gov. Christie gets “Occupied” in Iowa (cbsnews.com)