A business owner in western Georgia instituted a new company policy recently: “We are not hiring until Obama is gone.”
Bill Looman, who owns U.S. Cranes, LLC in Waco, Georgia, explained that while “I’ve got people that I want to hire now,” he didn’t think he would be able to foot the expense “unless some things change in D.C.”
Not content to simply implement the new policy internally, Looman decided to plaster it on all his company’s trucks. He did so, as 11Alive noted, “for all to see as the trucks roll up and down roads, highways and interstates.”
The notion that President Obama’s economic policies preclude small businesses from hiring new workers isn’t the only ludicrous claim Looman pushes. A cursory glance at Looman’s public Facebook page shows he is prone to anti-Obama conspiracy theories. Earlier this month, he posted a false report that Larry Sinclair* – the man who claimed he did drugs and had sex with President Obama – had died and implied foul play, writing “MAKES YOU WONDER HUH?” Looman’s page is also riddled with pro-confederate and anti-Muslim postings.
More importantly, Looman’s assertion that he would be able to hire more workers but for Obama’s economic policies defies reason. In the last few months alone, Obama has proposed giving major tax credits to businesses that hire new workers, including a $4,000 credit for hiring the long-term unemployed. Just this week, Obama signed a law to give additional tax credits to businesses that hire veterans.
Ironically, despite the fact that he claims to want to hire new workers, Looman’s anti-Obama anti-hiring stance will prevent his business from enjoying any of these new incentives.
* Full Disclosure: I write a blog called Sinclair Watch. I’ve been doing so for about two years now. The blog challenges much of what Larry Sinclair has said over the past three years about Barack Obama.
- Georgia Company: “We’re Not Hiring Until Obama Is Gone” (alan.com)
- Georgia Business Declares New Company Policy: ‘We Are Not Hiring Until Obama Is Gone’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Ga. Man Won’t Hire Until Obama Is Fired (abcnews.go.com)
- Georgia HD TV 11: ‘Company: No Hiring Until Obama Gone’ (ctom1985.wordpress.com)
- Business Owner Posts Anti-Hiring, Anti-Obama Pledge (huffingtonpost.com)
- US Cranes Company Policy: No Hiring Until Obama Gone (markamerica.com)
- Ga. Man Stirs Controversy With ‘Not Hiring’ Signs (abcnews.go.com)