One has to wonder if Herman Cain is really that stupid…
At a press conference in Florida today, GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain — whose foreign policy maxim is “peace through strength and clarity” — attempted to clarify his stance on Libya following his epic whiffing of a question on the country this week.
Unfortunately for the former pizza executive, he only muddled things further today. First he attempted to blame the interviewer for not being “specific” enough and for supposedly selectively editing Cain’s response. (Over five uncut minutes of his remarks are visible on the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel’s website.) Then, Cain erroneously claimed that the Taliban has taken control in Libya:
Do I agree with siding with the opposition? Do I agree with saying that Qadhafi should go? Do I agree that they now have a country where you’ve got Taliban and Al Qaeda that’s going to be part of the government? … Do I agree with not knowing the government was going to — which part was he asking me about? I was trying to get him to be specific and he wouldn’t be specific.
Of course, the Taliban exists in Afghanistan and Pakistan, not Libya.
- Herman Cain: Taliban And Al Qaeda Are Part Of New Libyan Government (alan.com)
- Herman Cain: Taliban and al Qaeda Part of Libya Government (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Herman Cain Is Worried The Taliban Is In Libya (businessinsider.com)
- Cain Suggests the Taliban Is Running Libya (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- He’s at it again! ANOTHER Libya flub for Herman Cain? (VIDEO) (sfgate.com)
- Cain suggests Taliban running Libya – CBS News (cbsnews.com)
- Hermain Cain’s Failed Damage Control After Libya Gaffe (towleroad.com)
- Cain Suggests Taliban Is Running Libya (time.com)
- Herman Cain Suggests Taliban Have Taken Control of Libya (themoderatevoice.com)