When it gets down to having to use
Violence, then you are playing the
System’s game. The establishment
Will irritate you – pull your beard,
Flick your face – to make you fight.
Because once they’ve got you violent,
Then they know how to handle you.
The only thing they don’t know how
To handle is non-violence and humor.
Here’s your blood pressure raiser of the day: Campus police casually pepper spray a group of Occupy Davis students who are sitting on the ground in protest after refusing to remove their tents from the quad. It’s not Kent State or anything, but it’s sure as hell an outrageous overreaction. Don’t watch unless you have a fairly strong stomach for casual brutality.
- Police Pepper-Spray Seated Protesters At UC Davis [VIDEO] (businessinsider.com)
- motherjones: UC Davis police officer pepper sprays sitting… (underpaidgenius.com)
- PICTURES: See Exactly What Happened At The Pivotal UC Davis Confrontation (businessinsider.com)
- Police pepper-spraying, arresting peacefully seated students at UC Davis (boingboing.net)
- UC Davis students pepper sprayed in video (msnbc.msn.com)