I’m not certain that Bill Gates gave his personal okay on this…
Microsoft Corporation, which argues that climate pollution requires a “comprehensive and global response,” is sponsoring the Koch brothers’ Tea Party convention taking place in Washington, DC. Microsoft is a “gold sponsor” of the Americans For Prosperity Foundation’s fifth annual Defending The American Dream Summit, cheek and jowl with top climate denial front groups like the Heartland Institute, the American Legislative Exchange Council, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
Speakers at the conference include climate deniers Herman Cain, Mitt Romney, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-KS), Ken Cuccinelli, Ann McElhinney, Chris Horner, Myron Ebell, and Carly Fiorina. Their prominent involvement was captured in a photograph by Slate.com reporter Dave Wiegel.
- Koch Brothers, Tea Party, Attacks on Unions, Wisconsin (talkingunion.wordpress.com)
- The 1% Have a Stranglehold on Politics: New Al Jazeera Documentary Sheds Light on the Koch Brothers (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Mitt Romney Will Certainly Follow The Koch Brothers’ Script In Today’s Spending Speech (crooksandliars.com)
- Pessimistically skeptical of any climate research funded by the Koch Foundation (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Koch Industries and Tea Party return to NYS to fight against climate protection (timesunion.com)