To answer the question from the post heading, not much. Cain has become a walking, talking joke.
My China strategy is quite simply outgrow China. It gets back to economics. China has a $6 trillion economy and they’re growing at approximately 10 percent. We have a $14 trillion economy — much bigger — but we’re growing at an anemic 1.5, 1.6 percent. When we get our economy growing back at the rate of 5 or 6 percent that it has the ability to do, we will outgrow China.And secondly, we already have superiority in terms of our military capability, and I plan to get away from making cutting our defense a priority and make investing in our military capability a priority, going back to my statement: peace through strength and clarity. So yes they’re a military threat.They’ve indicated that they’re trying to develop nuclear capability and they want to develop more aircraft carriers like we have. So yes, we have to consider them a military threat.
a) If China has a $6 trillion economy (it does) and if it’s growing at a rate of 10% (it is) and if the US has a $14 trillion economy (it does) and should that US economy grow at the rate Cain hopes it does (5 – 6%), then China will surpass the US and not the other way around.
Math, as we’ve come to learn, is not one of Cain’s strong suits.
Facts, as we’ve come to learn, are not one of Cain’s strong suits.
- Cain wrongly suggests China doesn’t have nukes (cbsnews.com)
- Cain on China: “They’re trying to develop nuclear capability” (hotair.com)
- Herman Cain Needs Foreign Policy Expert (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Herman Cain Needs Foreign Policy Expert (lezgetreal.com)
- How Stupid Is Herman Cain? (slog.thestranger.com)
- Herman Cain Fumbles On Foreign Policy (huffingtonpost.com)
- Herman Cain warns China trying to get nukes they’ve had since 1960s (dailykos.com)
- Herman Cain Doesn’t Know China Has the Bomb (firedoglake.com)
- Did Cain Know That China Has Nukes? (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Do you want a President who not only doesn’t realize that China already has nuclear… (eoghann.com)