John Boehner has decided to weigh in with his deep thoughts on the Occupy Wall Street protests. He understands. He knows why people are “frustrated.” He knows that people have the right to protest. Oh, and please don’t riot:
Beyond that, I lived through the riots of the Vietnam War … and you can see how some of those activities got out of control. A lot of people lived through the race riots of 1968 that was clearly out of control, and I’m hopeful that these demonstrations will continue to be peaceful.
Well, sure. He understands, don’t riot. Great take-away.
And it’s a shame Boehner isn’t in a position to actually do anything about people’s frustration about jobs and the economy. Oh, wait …
- John Boehner Speaks Out On ‘Occupy’ Protests (huffingtonpost.com)
- Seven Dem congressional cabinet march on Boehner’s office in support of OccupyWallStreet (americablog.com)
- Wall Street Is Taking Brains From Poor Zombies (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Deductibility of Donations to Occupy Wall Street (taxprof.typepad.com)
- Wow! U S Marine at Occupy Wall Street photo #OWS (themomu.wordpress.com)
- Is NYPD Sending Drunk Homeless People to Occupy Wall Street? [Occupy Wall Street] (gawker.com)