Jon Huntsman was asked what he thought of the Republican debate in Vegas.
I was totally embarrassed- completely embarrassed by the lack of seriousness, the lack of focus on the issues that really matter to the American people- issues about reviving our economy and addressing joblessness were given short shrift. Our role in the world and securing our position of pre-eminence were given short-shrift. It was more game-show-like than anything else.
There are not a lot of positive things one can say about the GOP these days. It’s 40 year descent into the slime pit of politics took an even more drastic turn to the extreme fringes with the election of Barack Obama. But if there is hope that the party will one day emerge as a viable political force worthy of respect, that hope lies in the likes of people like Jon Huntsman. It won’t be this year but should Republicans ever shake off the Tea Party nightmare, look for Huntsman to be a serious player in 2016.
- Food For Thought (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Jon Huntsman Criticizes Palin For “Stringing People Along” (alan.com)
- A Cunning Plan for Jon Huntsman…. (tagg-lines.com)
- Jon Huntsman on his place in the polls: “This is exactly where we want to be” (piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com)
- Can Huntsman Hang On? (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Jon Huntsman Blasts Rivals As ‘Fringe’ Candidates With ‘Zero Substance’ (huffingtonpost.com)