JPMorgan Chase recently donated an unprecedented $4.6 million to the New York City Police Foundation. The gift was the largest in the history of the foundation and will enable the New York City Police Department to strengthen security in the Big Apple. The money will pay for 1,000 new patrol car laptops, as well as security monitoring software in the NYPD’s main data center.
New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly sent CEO and Chairman Jamie Dimon a note expressing “profound gratitude” for the company’s donation.
To my way of thinking, this is a healthy dynamic. I’m not a radical anti-capitalist. But something you saw during the Cold War was that the possibility of radical anti-capitalists taking over helped create incentives for the business class to ensure that the “free world” organized market economies in a way that was broadly beneficial.
- JPMorgan Chase recently donated an unprecedented $4.6 million to the New York City Police Foundation. (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Wallstreet:J.P. Morgan bribes N.Y.P.D. (colonel6.com)
- The Banksters Are Running Scared (lewrockwell.com)
- Late Night Open Thread: Grease the palms… (skydancingblog.com)
- As Occupy Wall Street began, Chase makes biggest donation in history to NYPD (boingboing.net)
- Over 500 Protesters Arrested After Being Kettled On Brooklyn Bridge (crooksandliars.com)
- Occupy Wall Street protesters to focus on NYPD next (boingboing.net)