What in the world is wrong with right-wingers. Are they that brain-washed about 9/11 and the Bush/Cheney misguided involvement in the events following that tragedy?
Frank Luntz is the guru behind most right-wing talking points. One would think that he would know better, unless of course, this is simply yet another “messaging” ploy to re-write the negative history of the Bush administration’s abject failures leading up to the events of 9/11 and mistakes and mis-steps after 9/11.
In the mind of pollster Frank Luntz, September 11th gives the nation a chance to praise George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.
Appearing on Your World with Neil Cavuto on Friday afternoon, Luntz expressed his concern about America’s lack of optimism in the last decade. Then, the Fox analysis shared a controversial sentiment by speaking in positive terms about the the previous Administration despite the attack happening on their watch.
“I don’t think this date is a positive,” Luntz said. “Yes, it allows us to look back and say ‘We haven’t been hit.’ Yes, it allows us to appreciate George Bush and Dick Cheney for keeping us safe. But in the end, it reminds us that we are vulnerable, and that hurts our confidence.”
WATCH: Video from Fox News, which appeared on September 9, 2011.
- Brian Dickerson: If Dick Cheney had prevailed, GM would be toast – Detroit Free Press (news.google.com)
- George W. Bush Weighs In On Dick Cheney’s Book (VIDEO) (tweenliklive.wordpress.com)
- Dick Cheney’s Deceit of Shakespearean Proportions (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Dick Cheney Memoir Tries To Rewrite History, Critics Claim (huffingtonpost.com)
- BLITZER’S BLOG: Cheney, Iraq, and WMD (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Colin Powell: Dick Cheney Taking ‘Cheap Shots’ In Book (VIDEO) (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Bush: It’s OK for Top Aides to Trade Barbs Over Cheney’s New Book (blogs.wsj.com)
- Bush Takes the High Road on Cheney’s Book (usnews.com)