There’s definitely more than five, but I’ll settle, for now…
1. “Not all cultures are equal. . .” When she was first running for office in 2005, Bachmann said this line during a candidate debate in efforts to convey she believed Muslims had an inferior culture to the western world.
2. “If we took away the minimum wage – if conceivably it was gone – we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.” Bachmann 2005
3. “Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful but there isn’t even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas.” Bachmann said on the floor of Congress in 2009.
4. “Gay marriage is probably the biggest issue that will impact our state and our nation in the last, at least, thirty years. I’m not understating that.” See the video above.
5. “I don’t know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We’ve had an earthquake; we’ve had a hurricane. He said, ‘Are you going to start listening to me here?’ Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we’ve got to rein in the spending.” –Rep. Michele Bachmann, suggesting at a presidential campaign event in Florida that the 2011 East Coast earthquake and hurricane was a message from God (Aug. 2011)
- Michele Bachmann Prepared To Slash Department Of Education (huffingtonpost.com)
- Race to the Right: Perry Says Social Security Is A ‘Ponzi'; Bachmann Says Hurricane A Message From God (timesunion.com)
- Michele Bachmann: Hurricane, Earthquake Comments ‘A Metaphor’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Michele Bachmann blames God for bad weather, claims she ‘was speaking metaphorically’ (dailykos.com)
- Bachmann Campaign Head Ed Rollins: Stepped Down For Health Reasons, But ‘It’s A Perry/Romney Race’ (mediaite.com)
- Michele Bachmann Campaign Loses David Polyansky, Watches Ed Rollins Step Back Into Advisory Role (huffingtonpost.com)
- Michele Bachmann: This is absolutely priceless. A must watch (sparklincyanide.wordpress.com)