Marco Rubio is a Tea Party darling and they are looking forward to him becoming the VP pick to whatever GOP nominee wins the nomination at their convention. Thus, Rubio has to tow the party line.
These programs actually weakened us as a people. You see, almost forever, it was institutions in society that assumed the role of taking care of one another. If someone was sick in your family, you took care of them. If a neighbor met misfortune, you took care of them. You saved for your retirement and your future because you had to. We took these things upon ourselves in our communities, our families, and our homes, and our churches and our synagogues. But all that changed when the government began to assume those responsibilities. All of a sudden, for an increasing number of people in our nation, it was no longer necessary to worry about saving for security because that was the government’s job.
Yeah, exactly. And if Marco Rubio’s grandfather had known about those programs, and how they were weakening us as a people, he’d never have fled to America from Fidel Castro’s Cuba. Or at least he’d have waited until we had a president wise enough to understand that an America without sick and poor seniors is a weak America. A president like Rick Perry.
- Rubio: Social Security Harmed America (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- inothernews: This is Senator Marco Rubio (R- Florida) catching… (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Rubio: Social Security Harmed America (browardsblog.blogspot.com)
- The Caucus: Marco Rubio Says No to Ticket, but Finds Skeptics (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Rubio Insists He’s Not Interested in Veep (politicalwire.com)
- Marco Rubio (ynative77.wordpress.com)
- Rubio denies VP interest in speech at Reagan library (thehill.com)