That would mean no food inspections; no clean air; Wall Street repeating the same horrible things that nearly brought us to the brink of an economic disaster which was averted by a bail out. Perry wants to try no regulations at all…for a while!
This kind of talk is insanity!
Today, Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) issued the first policy position of his presidential campaign by asking the White House to issue a “moratorium on regulations across this country”:
We’re calling today on the president of the United States to put a moratorium on regulations across this country, because his regulations, his EPA regulations are killing jobs all across America.
“We’re sending out a request today asking President Obama to put a moratorium on all regulations,” Perry said on WHO radio in Iowa, recorded live by ThinkProgress.
Under such a moratorium, the Food and Drug Administration would stop approving new drugsand preventing human experimentation; the USDA would stop checking for food safety; the EPA would stop monitoring for poisons in drinking water; the Library of Congress would stoploaning materials to blind people; the NTSB would stop investigating airplane accidents; HHS would end Medicare payments; no more patents, copyrights, or trademarks would be issued; DHS would stop protecting chemical facilities from terrorist attacks; the Treasury would stopprinting currency; financial sanctions on hostile nations like North Korea and Iran would end; and the Federal Reserve System would shut down.
Perry’s “moratorium on regulations” would mean a literal end to the rules of law in the United States. At least it would also mean that all of President George W. Bush’s midnight regulationsfavoring polluters and industry abuses would also be lifted.
- UPDATED: The next time I tell you someone from Texas … (milamblues.wordpress.com)
- WATCH: Bill Clinton ‘Tickled’ To See Rick Perry Run (huffingtonpost.com)
- Perry Touts Jobs Record, But There’s Another Side Of The Story (huffingtonpost.com)
- Perry Stakes Claim to Texas’ Rosy Jobs Picture (foxnews.com)
- Your Handy Guide To Rick Perry [Video] (jezebel.com)
- Rick Perry Gets Backing Of ‘Walmart County’ (usnews.com)
- James Moore: “Why Rick Perry is headed for the White House” (americablog.com)
- A Closer Look At The Buzziest GOP Contenders (npr.org)