GOP Representative Louie Gohmert, the man who went around inventing “terror babies” stories, until Anderson Cooper eviscerated him on national TV for making such an absurd statement, has now focused his insanity on House Minority Leader, Nancy Pelosi.
This guy is a prominent member of the Tea Party Caucus and he’s a real piece of work…
GOP Rep. Louie Gohmert told a conservative talk show host earlier this week that having Nancy Pelosi’s face on golf balls would put “oomph” into your game, and joked with the host that he would help him find a sleeve of Pelosi-stamped balls.
Earlier this week, Politico reported that a fundraiser attended by House Speaker John Boehner had featured golf balls with Pelosi’s face stamped on them. After Boehner’s office denied the story, Politico retracted the claim.
Gohmert, however, appears not to have heard about the retraction. Here’s the exchange he had with conservative host Lars Larson on Tuesday:
LARSON: My producer is from Ohio. He noticed that John Boehner was apparently using Nancy Pelosi golf balls at a recent fundraiser, and my producer wants to get a whole sleeve of those things. He thinks it might make him hit better.
GOHMERT: [laughs] I’ll bet you it’ll put a little extra oomph in it. No kidding, yeah. Well, I’ll have to check on that. I’ll have to see where we get those.
The exchange was first flagged by TruthTicker.com, which posted audio:
- When Momma Aint Happy, Aint Nobody Happy: Nancy Pelosi (themoderatevoice.com)
- Rep. Louie Gohmert: Golf Balls With Nancy Pelosi’s Face Will Give Your Game “A Little Extra Oomph” (alan.com)
- Nancy Pelosi Rips House Speaker John Boehner on ‘Perfectly Absurd’ Debt Bill: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Once Again, Nancy Pelosi Saves The Day. (tinfoilhatman45.wordpress.com)
- Pelosi Rounds Out Super Congress with Leadership Selections (news.firedoglake.com)
- Boehner’s Low Approval Rating Could Hurt Republicans In 2012 (huffingtonpost.com)
- Nancy Pelosi Names Her Picks For The Deficit Super Committee (politicore.wordpress.com)
- Pelosi Picks Complete Deficit Super Committee (portfolio.com)