The weird Sisters, hand in hand, Posters of the Sea and Land…~ Shakespeare’s Macbeth
When I see Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann or Liz Cheney cackling over anything the Obama administration says or does, I’m reminded of the three witches in Shakespeare’s Macbeth.
My apologies to good witches everywhere!
Vice President Biden found himself under fire Tuesday from Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R), who condemned alleged comments he made attacking the Tea Party.
Bachmann, a GOP presidential candidate, and Palin, a potential candidate, each reacted with outrage at a report that Biden, at a closed-door meeting with Democrats yesterday on Capitol Hill, said that Tea Party Republicans had “acted like terrorists” in negotiations over a debt-ceiling compromise.
Bachmann, who identifies heavily with the Tea Party, emailed supporters late Monday night to ask them to sign a petition demanding an apology from Biden. She joined Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus in asking Biden to apologize.
“Only in the bizarro world of Washington is fiscal responsibility sometimes defined as terrorism,” Bachmann wrote.
Palin also expressed outrage during an interview Monday night on Fox News.
“What we’re feeling is that growing more debt isn’t going to get us out of debt, and raising taxes in a down economy is a bad idea, and we’re taking a stand in light of those,” she said. “And so to be called a terrorist because of our beliefs from the vice president, it’s quite appalling. It’s quite vile.”
Whether other Republican presidential candidates join the pile-on is yet to be seen. Both Bachmann and Palin are seen as political figures whose own political fortunes are heavily tied to the Tea Party movement, the ascendant group of grassroots conservatives that Palin in particular has especially encouraged.
- Palin, Bachmann blast Biden for alleged “terrorist” comment – CBS News (news.google.com)
- Palin And Bachmann Have What So Many People Want (businessinsider.com)
- US-2012 Primary: 21% Romney, 12% Perry, 11% Palin, 11% Bachmann (Pew 7/20-24) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Wise up GOP: Ditch the tea party (cnn.com)
- The truth about Michele Bachmann – Tea Party Candidate for Prez 2012 & THE TEA PARTY AT LARGE (bonjupatten.wordpress.com)
- Palin: House passage of debt deal is a victory for the Tea Party (hotair.com)
- Most say coverage of Palin is either too easy or fair (thehill.com)
- Palin Calls Biden’s Alleged Terrorist Comment ‘Vile’ (blogs.abcnews.com)
- ‘Quite Vile': Tea Party Responds to Alleged Biden Comment (abcnews.go.com)