I get it that this woman has a right to free speech albeit offensive to many of us on the left. I get that! However, that does not mean that one has to accept her far right premise of attacking any and all Muslims with vile and offensive rhetoric.
Popular hate blogger Pam Geller has received scrutiny in recent days as the public became aware that the right-wing terrorist in Norway, Anders Behring Breivik, had praised her blog and thoroughly cited her writing in his political manifesto. After a number of blogs made the connection, as well as the New York Times, the Atlantic, and other major outlets, Geller became incensed and began lashing out at her critics.
In a post defending herself yesterday, Geller — who has called Obama “President Jihad” and claimed that Arab language classes are a plot to subvert the United States — reached a new low. Geller justifies Breivik’s attack on the Norwegian Labour Party summer youth camp because she says the camp is part of an anti-Israel “indoctrination training center.” She says the victims would have grown up to become “future leaders of the party responsible for flooding Norway with Muslims who refuse to assimilate, who commit major violence against Norwegian natives including violent gang rapes, with impunity, and who live on the dole.”
- Pamela Geller Edits Post to Conceal Violent Rhetoric in ‘Email from Norway’ (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Is Anders Breivik in This Photograph? (thetruthiswhere.wordpress.com)
- Pamela Geller Feebly Explains Edit: ‘Stockpiling Weapons’ is ‘Self Defense’ (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- The Hypocrisy of Islamophobia Continues (islamophobiatv.wordpress.com)
- Pamela Geller Attacks Victims of Oslo Terrorist (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- The Anti-Islam Blogger and the Weapons-Stockpiling Norwegian [Utoya] (gawker.com)