Discussing race in this country is such a divisive topic that most people would rather deny its existence or at least sweep it under the rug and discuss it at a later date. In my years online, I have learned to stay away from the topic in general discussion forums. People will attack you as being a “militant”, “prejudice”, “racist” and “anti-white” or one is “playing the race card”. Mostly because they don’t want to talk about it.
I suspect Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee will get the same response…(See related articles, below.)
We have never seen the debt ceiling issue play out like this before. We have never seen or heard talk of the United States of America defaulting on its loans, but we also have never had a black president before. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee raised this issue on the floor of Congress. I have heard several people that I know ask this same question this week. So tell me what you think is race a factor?
- For Sheila Jackson-Lee, stupid is a way of life (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Sheila Jackson Lee Throws the Race Card Into the Debt Debate (sfcmac.wordpress.com)
- Once Again, Race Card Is Played, (Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee) (annem040359.wordpress.com)
- Obama is BLACK so Stop debating…… (via Gds44′s Blog) (loopyloo305.wordpress.com)
- Congresswoman Lee lays down the race card (thewesternexperience.com)
- Rep. Sheila Jackson (D-TX) is racist! (smacktalkradio.wordpress.com)
- Sheila Jackson Lee is Way Too Predictable (michellemalkin.com)