No one will ever accuse “Real Time” host Bill Maher of not saying what he really thinks.
On his Friday night show, he openly equated the Casey Anthony verdict with Republican policy — with Casey Anthony as Republican politicans and voters as the jury, reports The Daily Caller.
“And before you accuse me of equating the Casey Anthony verdict with Republican thinking — save your breath, I am. I’m equating them. If you’re a working-class American who still votes Republican then you don’t get to bitch about that verdict,” said Maher.
Maher went on to explain his assertion:
[Half of American voters] say ‘I’m with the party that cuts all these programs for real people, for the 99 percent. Planned Parenthood, environmental protection, college, health care, infrastructure, but holds the line on private jets.’ Voting for them is as stupid as voting not guilty for the mom who lost her baby for a month and went looking at a wet t-shirt contest.
The HBO host wrapped up his monologue saying:
We’re now being told that multinational corporations bring home their current overseas profits of $1.4 trillion, they’ll only be taxed five percent on it because we’re told it will create jobs. It won’t. It didn’t, just like the last time we tried it in 2004. Companies took the savings and paid it out to themselves in dividends. Yes, Republican base, you are just like that jury. It’s pathetically clear who’s killing the middle class but you keep letting them get away with murder.
- Bill Maher Openly, Proudly “Equat[es] The Casey Anthony Verdict With Republican Thinking” (mediaite.com)
- Bill Maher’s New Rule: “If you’re a working-class American who still votes Republican … you’re stupid” (americablog.com)
- Bill Maher, Ann Coulter, Chris Hayes, And Chaz Bono Debate. Need We Say More? (mediaite.com)
- Bill Maher to Kim Kardashian: “Your Father Started Kardashian Tradition Of Getting Black Men Off” (dabxblogger.com)
- Bill Maher Goes In On Kim Kardashian! (thehiphopconsultant.com)
- “New rule: if you can look at a crime where everything points to one answer and not see it, you’re a…” (underpaidgenius.com)