Michele Bachmann is bat-crap nuts!
Appearing on CNBC this morning, presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) was asked about this morning’s dismal jobs report and whether higher unemployment rates might help her chances of winning in 2012. “Does it strike you that as the unemployment rate goes up, your chances of winning office also go up?” host Carl Quintanilla asked. “Well, that could be. Again, I hope so,” Bachmann replied.
While it’s of course acceptable for Bachmann to campaign on wanting to turn the economy around, it’s another matter entirely when she actively pursues policies that make the economy worse — while hoping it will help her campaign.
- Michele Bachmann: ‘I hope’ higher unemployment helps my campaign (dailykos.com)
- Michele Bachmann Says the Darndest Things (slog.thestranger.com)
- Obama rivals SLAM him on poor jobs news… (smacktalkradio.wordpress.com)
- Michele Bachmann Pledges to Destroy Economy in First Ad [Video] (gawker.com)
- Michele Bachmann wants to eliminate the minimum wage (dailykos.com)
- Warren Buffett’s Wager on Unemployment (blogs.wsj.com)
- Contradictions In Jobs Reports, Economic News (lezgetreal.com)