First Mitt Romney said President Obama made the economy worse.
He did not cause this recession, but he made it worse.
Then Mitt Romney denied saying President Obama had made the economy worse.
I didn’t say that things are worse.
And now Mitt Romney is going back to his first position:
After disputing whether he had previously said President Obama made the recession worse last week former Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts said on Monday that President Obama made the recession worse. …after initially seeming to limit his commentary to the president’s handling of the recovery, which he said, “has been slower and more painful,’’ But then he went ahead and said it, that the president “made the recession worse.”
That’s a pretty special flip-flop-flop on it’s own, but it gets better, because Mitt Romney also said this:
The recession is deeper because of our president; it’s seen an anemic recovery because of our president.
Uh, so now Mitt Romney says Obama made things worse, keeping us in a recession. And, at the same time, we’re also in a recovery. Never mind the fact that you can’t be in a recession and a recovery at the same time. As the L.A. Times puts it:
Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney has struggled to craft a consistent economic message in recent weeks — first blaming President Obama for driving the country deeper into recession and then backing off that charge during a visit to Pennsylvania. On Monday in southern New Hampshire, he appeared to offer those conflicting messages within one sentence.
In other words, Mitt Romney was for it before he was against it before he was for and against it.
At least for now. Tune in again tomorrow.
- Mitt Romney’s Full Flop (themoderatevoice.com)
- Mitt Romney Says He Wants to “Hang Obama by the Neck” (via Your Black World) (loveunlimd.wordpress.com)
- Mitt Romney Claims He Didn’t Say What He Said (alan.com)
- Romney flip-flops, claims he never said Obama made economy worse (dailykos.com)
- Herman Cain: ‘We’ve got to beat Mitt Romney’s money, not Mitt Romney’ (via CNN Political Ticker) (techweev.com)
- Why Mitt Romney SHOULD not be President! (smacktalkradio.wordpress.com)