Here’s the thing…Republicans have hijacked God and religion as a whole. People like Ann Coulter portray liberals/progressives “Godless”, “devils”, “evil” and a host of other synonyms.
The problem with the above hyperbole (Liberals hate God) is that they’re actually projecting their own shortcomings!
Think about it:
- Christians believe in Christ’s teachings
- Conservatives more often than not, refer to the Old Testament which I call the fire and brimstone books
- Jesus spoke about love for our fellow-man, brotherhood, sharing, sacrifice and good deeds
- Conservatives are too greedy to share, too filled with hate to love their fellow-man; has no clue what the word “sacrifice means”; and the only good deeds they understand is donating millions to GOP PACs to make sure Dems don’t win in any elections.
- By the way, why do Conservatives love the fetus (anti-abortion) but hate the child (reducing medical care for children, school lunches, Head Start, etc., ad infinitum)?
Yes, that’s right: according to Missouri congressman and Republican Senate candidate Todd Akin, “at the heart of liberalism really is a hatred for God and a belief that government should replace God.” Rep. Akin, welcome to the wingnut pantheon. (For more choice examples of political lunacy, idiocy and extremism, click through to the Wingnut Watch photo gallery.)
- Idiot of the Week: Rep. Todd Akin (atheistrev.com)
- Romney’s Wingnut Strategy (politicalwire.com)
- Wingnuts Desperately Cling to ‘Weinergate’ (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Fact Checking Breitbart’s Camp Followers – The Sandwich Board Assumption (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Wingnut Fail All Over Fox News: Obama Hates Easter But Loves Muslims (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Ann Coulter To Mediaite: Jon Stewart’s Audience Is ‘A Bunch Of Losers’ And Other Enlightening Bon Mots (mediaite.com)
- Ann Coulter. Deceived, Demented, or Demonic (blindmansnews.wordpress.com)
- Ann Coulter’s “Demonic” (eljmin.wordpress.com)
- Ann Coulter Wants Chris Christie: ‘Need A Big Man After That Beanpole In The White House’ (mediaite.com)