Brave New Films has provided, with Bernie Sanders, a clear deconstruction of the origins and process of the conservative disinformation propaganda machine. It’s scary.
If you have been paying attention to television, radio, newspapers, the Internet, and various talk shows, including the batch on Sunday morning, you have heard two words repeated a lot; so often there is actually the sound of an echo. The first word is collapse … collapse … collapse; the second word is bankrupt… bankrupt … bankrupt. Can you guess why these words are repeated over and over (and no, this is not about the Greek economy)?
These words are being used and reused to describe the persistent disinformation that, if successful, will impact millions of people, probably even you, who are reading this. Did you guess right? The first message is: “We must raise the retirement age or the economy will collapse.” And two: “Social security is bankrupt.”
These two statements have been repeated thousands of times in and on American media. Yet there is not one scintilla of evidence that either one is accurate. But they have lodged themselves into the mainstream of American thought, constantly repeated by corporate media, as if they are obvious truths.
Please continue to read here…
- Stop the Koch Brothers Tell Others What They Are Doing (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Review: Mirage Men: A Journey into Disinformation, Paranoia and UFOs: The Weird Truth Behind UFOs (monnowman.com)
- Firestarter: Truth and (Dis)Information (securosis.com)
- 25 Rules of Disinformation (lewrockwell.com)
- GOP Spreads Corporate Tax Disinformation, America Fights Back (bruceturnerjr5.wordpress.com)
- Senator Sanders breaks down the Koch Echo Chamber (ynative77.wordpress.com)
- A Less Than Magnificent Obsession (powerlineblog.com)