The quitter has done it again…
Amid diminishing media interest, Sarah Palin has quit her high-profile bus tour halfway through and returned to Alaska with her family, according to RealClearPolitics.
The move puts a damper on widespread speculations that Palin’s “One Nation” bus tour, which launched on Memorial Day, was a potential precursor to a potential White House bid for 2012. Palin never made it to her scheduled stops in the key primary states of Iowa and New Hampshire.
RealClearPolitics, which originally broke the story about the bus tour, reported Wednesday on Palin’s “extended hiatus.” The remaining legs of her trip, according to Scott Conroy, are “in limbo” as “Palin and her family have reverted to the friendly confines of summertime Alaska.”
The “One Nation” tour launched with intense media interest, as reporters initially followed Palin and her family on the road, diligently trying to decipher the former half-term Alaska governor and ex-GOP vice presidential nominee’s 2012 intentions. But after being ignored and mislead and denied interviews or access, reporters’ attention fizzled.
Palin has been remarkably coy about her plans for 2012, declining to rule out a presidential run but refusing to come any closer than saying she has “fire in the belly.”
- Sarah Palin Swears This Is Not A Sarah Palin Campaign Video [Video] (jezebel.com)
- Campaign Decision From Sarah Palin Next Week, Or Maybe Not (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Holy Flippin’ Crap: What We Learned From Sarah Palin’s Emails [Palingate] (jezebel.com)
- Hasselbeck: Palin always returns my calls (politico.com)
- Media Attacks Sarah Palin Out of Fear She’ll Become President (usnews.com)