Donald Trump appears to be having second thoughts on his ambition to campaign for the presidency. He’s also sticking to his “greatest hits” meme, this time by touting to everyone that will listen, that Obama’s birth certificate is fake.
One would think that Trump learned his lesson when he was literally silenced by:
a) The president releasing his original long form birth certificate
b) The White House correspondence Dinner “Trump smack down”
c) The capture and killing of Osama Bin Laden
Donald Trump is inserting himself back into the world of politics, declaring that the White House produced inauthentic documentation of President Barack Obama’s long-form birth certificate last month, according to the conservative website WorldNetDaily.
The online publication, which has come under scrutiny for propagating the debunked conspiracy theory that the president was not born in the United States, reports that Trump regards the records as fake.
After nearly one month of remaining mum on the issue, Trump reportedly told WND that a computer expert assessed the document released by the White House and concluded that it was computer-generated and forged.
“There is certainly a chance that he was not born in this country,” said the billionaire, according to WND. “Now if he was not born in this country, that means he can’t be president. It’s very simple.”
Earlier this month, Trump signaled that he would forgo mounting a campaign for president in 2012. On Wednesday, however, the Daily Caller reported that while Trump will not seek the Republican presidential nomination, he is exploring the possibility of vying for the White House next year as an independent.
UPDATE: Mother Jones relays a statement from Trump pushing back against the report released by WND on his posture toward the president’s birth certificate.
…Frankly, many people were surprised that it took so long for this to happen. Is his birth certificate legitimate? I hope it is for the good of the country, but that’s for experts to determine–not me. I have not read the book written by Jerry Corsi nor did we discuss whether or not the birth certificate was computer generated or in any way fabricated. I merely asked him how his book was doing and wished him good luck.
Click here to read more from Mother Jones.
- Donald Trump Argues Obama Produced Fake Birth Certificate (huffingtonpost.com)
- Jerome Corsi Claims Donald Trump Says Obama’s Birth Certificate Is Fake (alan.com)
- You’re forged! Trump declares Obama’s birth certificate fake (via ~ BLOGGER.1984.GUNNY.G ~ (BLOG & EMAIL)) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Donald Trump: My Expert Says Obama’s Birth Certificate Is ‘Computer-Generated’ (UPDATED) (mediaite.com)
- Donald Trump Responds to Obama Birth Certificate (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Jerome Corsi: Trump Conspired With Obama to Neutralize Birther Controversy (waylon1776.wordpress.com)