However, I’m still surprised to hear that MSNBC has suspended Schultz for just that, going over the top in criticizing Laura Ingraham on his radio show for complaining about the POTUS drinking beer in Ireland while Joplin, MO. was being destroyed by multiple tornadoes.
Ed Schultz will take one week of unpaid leave from MSNBC following his controversial comments about Laura Ingraham.
On his radio show Tuesday, Schultz called Ingraham a “right-wing slut.”
Wednesday evening, the network released the following statement about the matter, saying “remarks of this nature are unacceptable and will not be tolerated”:
MSNBC management met with Ed Schultz this afternoon and accepted his offer to take one week of unpaid leave for the remarks he made yesterday on his radio program. Ed will address these remarks on his show tonight, and immediately following begin his leave. Remarks of this nature are unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
It is not the first time Schultz’s fiery rhetoric has gotten him in hot water. Last summer, Schultz was reportedly chastised by MSNBC execs after threatening to “torch this place” if he was not included in network promos. In September, he was then reprimanded by the network after calling New Jersey Governor Chris Christie a “cold-hearted fat slob.”
Listen to Ed Schultz’ faux pas:
- MSNBC’s Ed Schultz: Laura Ingraham is a ‘Right Wing Slut’ (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- BREAKING: MSNBC Suspends Ed Schultz Over ‘Unacceptable’ Remarks (mediaite.com)
- Too Far: MSNBC’s Ed Schultz Calls Laura Ingraham A ‘Right-Wing Slut’ (mediaite.com)
- Ed Schultz Shouldn’t Use the Word ‘Slut’ to Describe Ladies [Video] (gawker.com)
- Democrat’s Civility – Call Republican Woman a SLUT on National TV (dewgeneral.wordpress.com)
- So Not OK: MSNBC’s Ed Schultz Calls Laura Ingraham a “Right-Wing Slut” (blogher.com)
- Ed Schultz: Eric Bolling Is ‘Auditioning To Be Fox’s Chief New Nutjob’ (mediaite.com)