Harold Camping will not stop warning of the impending Rapture, no matter how many times he is wrong.
The doomsday preacher and radio-show host came out of hiding Monday and said the end of the world will be October 21, not May 21 as he previously predicted. He had earlier said Oct. 21 would be the day the Earth would be consumed by a fireball.
On his show Monday, Camping said the Rapture did begin May 21, just in a “spiritual” and not “physical” way. “But it won’t be spiritual on Oct. 21,” Camping said. Camping’s incorrect prediction of the Rapture was not the first time he’s been wrong—he previously predicted the end of the world would be in 1994, but then attributed that to a mathematical error.
- #RaptureFail: Harold Camping’s At It Again! (simuliustusetpeccator.com)
- Camping: Oh, Wait. Rapture Is Actually Oct. 21 (newser.com)
- Rapture Predictor Harold Camping: Apocalypse Rescheduled for October 21 [Oops] (gawker.com)
- Watch: Harold Camping Emerges From His Home The Day After His Failed Rapture Prediction (towleroad.com)
- Third Time’s A Charm: Harold Camping Says Rapture Definitely Happening On October 21 (mediaite.com)
- Interview with Harold Camping supporter, 22 May 2011 This… (contrararian.tumblr.com)