Perhaps it’s because I simply don’t like Newt Gingrich, but it appears to me that the man consistently lies not only about the President, but about everything else as well.
Any time one makes a statement one day, then repudiates that statement the next day with a caveat to the opposition party that if anyone repeats what he said on the first day will be lying about him. (Go figure that logic!)
It’s so similar to the Saturday Night Live skit which aired the night before Gingrich appeared on Meet The Press, last week:
It’s just so great to be back on Fox News, a network that both pays me and shows me the questions ahead of time. I just hope that tonight the lamestream media won’t twist my words by repeating them verbatim.
Here’s Gingrich on Face The Nation today…
I love Newt Gingrich’s campaign strategy of demanding that the media only hold him accountable for how great he is *right now*. Ignore all those ethical issues in his past tenure as Speaker of the House, he’s *now* the only one with leadership skills. Ignore all those infidelities in the past, he loves his wife *now*. Ignore what he said last week about Paul Ryan’s budget, he thinks it’s the best thing for America *now*. Likewise, *right now* Newt knows exactly how to get us out of the economic crisis we’re in because he’s debt-free and frugal, just ignore the fact that his own financial dealings have been less than cut and dried.
Bob Schieffer brings up this week’s revelation that Callista Gingrich disclosed five years ago an outstanding debt to Tiffany’s Jewelers in the six figures. Callista claimed the debt (of somewhere between $250,000 and 500,000) was her husband’s. Now, I don’t know about you, but I think it’s hard to claim understanding the financial concerns of most Americans when you’re floating a six figure debt to Tiffany’s, but Newt wants you to know that *right now* he and Callista are living frugally and debt-free.
- Gingrich: Debt-free, mum on Tiffany’s account (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Newt Gingrich: I’m debt-free and frugal (cbsnews.com)
- Newt Gingrich and the Tiffany Case (blogs.wsj.com)
- Newt Gingrich: My Campaign Is ‘Very Alive’ And ‘Go Talk To Tiffany’s’ About My Bill (mediaite.com)
- WATCH: Newt Gingrich Defends Debt To Expensive Jewelry Store (huffingtonpost.com)
- Gingrich explains Tiffany credit as ‘private’ matter (via CNN Political Ticker) (richardemanuel.wordpress.com)
- Gingrich explains Tiffany credit as ‘private’ matter (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Newt Gingrich’s Ringtone: Dancing Queen (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Newt Gingrich Hit by Glitter (socyberty.com)
- Callista Gingrich: Newt’s Downfall, or Secret Weapon? (newser.com)
- Can Wisconsin Native Callista Gingrich Overcome Image Of Homewrecker To Newt Gingrich? (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Gingrich’s Expensive Tastes (politicalwire.com)