Imagine a President of the United States issuing such a statement! Bachmann just proved she is not presidential material.
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) has declared that America has a serious obligation to support Israel — and if not, God will curse the United States, and it will be the end of this country.
reports that Bachmann told the Republican Jewish Coalition, at an event last week in Los Angeles:
“I am convinced in my heart and in my mind that if the United States fails to stand with Israel, that is the end of the United States . . . [W]e have to show that we are inextricably entwined, that as a nation we have been blessed because of our relationship with Israel, and if we reject Israel, then there is a curse that comes into play. And my husband and I are both Christians, and we believe very strongly the verse from Genesis [Genesis 12:3], we believe very strongly that nations also receive blessings as they bless Israel. It is a strong and beautiful principle.”
- Michele Bachmann: If We Don’t Completely Support Israel, God Will Curse Us (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Herman Cain: Don’t Mess With Israel (dakotavoice.com)
- The GOP’s vibrant, robust debate on the U.S.-Israel relationship (salon.com)
- Israeli border debate frames Obama’s AIPAC appearance (thehill.com)
- “Israeli Opposition Leader Backs Obama On 1967 Borders, Says Netanyahu ‘Violated’ US-Israel Relations” and related posts (freedemocracy.blogspot.com)
- Black Leaders Support Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu in Rejection of Obama Plan (pumabydesign001.wordpress.com)
- Transcript of Obama’s Remarks to AIPAC (blogs.wsj.com)
- GOP contenders: Obama has ‘thrown Israel under the bus’ (cnn.com)